With high-profile retail security breaches continuing to dominate the headlines, it’s obvious that IT security and compliance professionals must take proactive measures to ensure continuous compliance with industry regulations, such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Failure to do so can lead to steep noncompliance fees and damage to their organization’s brand.
Fortunately for retailers, food and beverage sellers, health-care providers and any other business that processes customers’ credit card payments, Bit9 can help you successfully achieve compliance with these five core controls:
- Continuous audit and assessment of the compliance validation process
- File integrity control / file integrity monitoring and correlated contextual logging
- Risk analysis and measurement
- Configuration delta monitoring
- Policy and security awareness audit consolidation
Our new white paper, “The Convergence of Security and Compliance: How a Positive Security Solution Manages 5 Core Compliance Controls” discusses selected compliance and security gaps, identifies the effect these gaps can have on your organization, and demonstrates how a positive security solution like Bit9 can be used as a compensating control. Here are some key takeaways:
- Positive solutions are endorsed by many standards organizations and widely recognized by businesses worldwide as the best practice for locking down and protecting POS systems, kiosks, servers and remote desktops/laptops.
- Bit9 drift reporting is used to monitor good and bad change on an endpoint and how that change can affect the compliance stance of the enterprise.
- Bit9 offers file integrity control mappings to enable control and file integrity monitoring.
- Bit9 provides data that can be used to categorize risk across the infrastructure, enabling you to set priorities and assign objectives in order to bring systems in line with compliance and security requirements.
- The Bit9 positive security solution provides enhanced, up-to-date file asset inventory information so you can build business intelligence around file assets. Combined with Bit9’s cloud-based Software Reputation Service (SRS) data, threat and malicious inventory, and IT trust data, you can proactively monitor your enterprise systems.
- Bit9 can assist you in distributing and enforcing a compliance policy and put mechanisms in place to inform and educate end users on those established policies.
Download the white paper and learn more about how Bit9 can act as a compensating control.